TIU Local Task Force # 11
The local task force is a parent/family network group for families that have a child with a disability. Membership consists primarily of like-minded parents of school aged children residing in the TIU 11 area that wish to support their sons or daughters as they navigate through the special education process. Other members include educators and local agency representatives. The goal of the group is to support parents through training, resource sharing, and networking so that they can work with their Local Education Agency (LEA) in a positive, proactive manner.
If you are interested in participating in the Local Task Force or learning more, please contact the Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11 Special Education Department at 814-542-2501 x1126.
2023-2024 LTF Meeting Schedule:
- September 27, 2023 – 2:00-3:30 PM
- November 15, 2023 – 6:00-7:30 PM
- January 24, 2024 – 9:30-11:00 AM
- March 27, 2024 – 6:00-7:30 PM
- May 15, 2024 – 2:00-3:30 PM
All meetings are held virtually via Zoom on Wednesdays. Please contact Staci Young – firstname.lastname@example.org for Zoom meeting login information.
Sample Trainings Offered Through the Task Force:
- What is an IEP and how can I become an active participant?
- Inclusion – What is it?
- Behavior and my child.
- Transition out of school – What does life after high school hold for my child and family?
- Why does my child struggle with reading? What can I do to help?
- What is Autism and does my child demonstrate the behaviors associated with this?
- My child had a Traumatic Brain Injury – What does that mean for his/her learning?
Additional information and resources can be found on our Local Task Force Resource Padlet
When Does the State Task Force Meet?
- September 20, 2023
- November 8, 2023
- January 10, 2024
- March 20, 2024
- May 15, 2024
All meetings are held virtually on Zoom from 10:00 AM -12:00 PM. For more information visit: https://www.pattan.net/Partners/State-Task-Force