The local task force is a parent/family network group for families that have a child with a disability. Membership consists primarily of parents supporting one another through the special education maze. Intermediate Unit, local MH/ID office and school district/charter school representation is also common at the local task force meetings.
The purpose of the meetings is to educate, network, communicate, and support one another.
If you are interested in participating in the Local Task Force or learning more, please contact the Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11 Special Education Department at 814-542-2501
LTF Meeting Schedule:
Wednesday, September 30th 2020
Tuesday, October 27th 2020
Wednesday, January 27th 2021
Wednesday, March 31st 2021
Wednesday, May 26th 2021
All meetings are held from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM and will be virtual, please contact Brian Kritzer – email@example.com for Virtual meeting information.
Sample Trainings Offered Through the Task Force:
- Inclusion – What is it?
- Behavior and my child.
- Transition out of school – What does life after high school hold for my child and family?
- What is an IEP and how can I become an active participant in the meeting?
- What is Autism and does my child demonstrate the behaviors associated with this?
- My child had a Traumatic Brain Injury – What does that mean for his/her learning?
When Does the State Task Force Meet?
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Ways to make inclusion successful
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Students with IEPs and School Police (rights and responsibilities. Best Practices).
- Wednesday, January 8, 2020, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Emotional Support what does a Tier 2 and Tier 3 PBIS and a PBSP in an IEP look like.
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Executive Function
- Wednesday, May 13, 2020, 10:00 am – 12:00 pm – Bullying
If interested in viewing the State Task Force meeting via Zoom at the Intermediate Unit, please contact Mrs. Sandi Dinardi at 814-542-2501 to schedule.